Summer is upon us and with this season comes a huge potential for encountering bad weather in the Tampa Bay Area. Sure, rain and wind may be relaxing when you are curled up at home with Netflix and a cup of coffee, but no one wants to deal with mother nature's wrath when traveling! Check out our foul weather travel tips to help make your next trip out of Tampa International Airport a little less stressful:
- Check the forecast. It may be obvious, but check the forecast of your departure, destination, and any layover cities. Sunny skies? Fantastic! If you see the potential for weather at least you will be able to prepare for potential disruption in the future.
- Contact your airline. See bad weather where your plane will be flying? Call your airline to inquire about flight routes and get an idea of any delays or cancellation you might encounter.
- Ask for the "spirit" of the law. Sure, your terms and conditions may say that the airline doesn't owe you anything, but it never hurts to ask! Flight desk staff often have the ability to give meal or beverage vouchers, transfer you to a new flight for free etc. You never know until you ask!
- Avoid the crowds. Don't stand in line to speak with a desk agent if the line is crazy long. Call the airline's 1-800 number and chances are you will speak to an agent much quicker than your fellow travelers. Staying away from the crowds will help reduce your stress.
- Stay calm during your flight. If your flight does take off and encounters bad weather, your chances for experiencing turbulence are high. Don't fret, stay calm, and fasten your seat belt. Turbulence is no worse than driving along a road with potholes. If you know flying gives you anxiety or stress, prepare accordingly.
Although the weather may be bad, A1 Express Airport Parking will be here to safely shuttle you too and from Tampa International Airport. Don't forget to make your free online reservation to ensure your Tampa Airport Parking is ready and waiting upon your arrival!